Thursday, December 9, 2010

New to this...

I've seen I don't know how many craft blogs and figured, "Hey, why not jump on the bandwagon!" As I see it if I start blogging about what I'm making perhaps it will keep me motivated to finish what I'm working on. Usually I'm the kind of person who starts something, works really hard on about half of it, and then gets distracted by making something new and then it starts all over again.

Now that its the Christmas Season I feel like I'm swamped with all the things I want/have to make for people. Not to mention I'm worried I'll forget something or someone. To top it all off I have friends who want me to help them make gifts for other people. I'm really hoping it is only helping cause I have enough of my own things to make.

My current craft that is consuming most of my spare time now is the quilt I'm making. About a year ago I saw a picture online of a quilt that looked like a bookshelf and in that moment knew I had to make one. Thankfully, since I come from a long line of crafty women, my mom has everything I've ever needed to make the quilt. Including an embroidery machine that I've used to put the titles of some of my favorite books on it. I'm really happy with how its come out so far and there have only been a few minor mishaps. I'll post some pictures on here of it once I get it all sewed together.

No comments:

Post a Comment