I loved the color on the examples and wanted mine to be stitched out similar to them. I opted to stitch them out on black cotton instead of dark grey, mainly because I had a large supply of black cotton on hand. I used silver for all the outlining because metallic thread stands out so nice on dark material.
When I first embroidered the designs I didn't have a pattern for the quilt in mind yet but eventually I came up with something...and then I tweaked it a bit.
Once I finish sewing all the black and red strips onto the pieces with the embroidery they will end up looking like this.
Then all that is left to do is sew them together. Likely it will be then put into storage for a few years before I get to quilting it.