Saturday, December 11, 2010

Magic glasses

I have a bunch of geeky friends, I suppose thats a side effect of being a geek myself. Anyway, when a birthday or christmas comes up I usually make them something related to something I know they like. Almost all the guys I know play Magic the Gathering, did I say play, I ment live Magic the Gathering. This usually makes it pretty easy on me as they will love anything Magic. I like to make things that are both neat and functional because in the end you can only have so many things that are just to look at.

So one of these guys birthday I decided to make a set of etched glasses with the each of the mana symbols on one side and logo on the other. They are currently sitting on my coffee table with everything cut out and completly covered in masking tape just waiting to be etched.

This coming saturday is Games Day at the comic book shop in town. All of us geeks get together to play various games. Since its so close to Christmas we wanted to have a party of sorts so I've been thinking about making christmas cookies for everyone. Back in highschool I would make music note shaped cookies for my fellow band nerds. Now that the type of my fellow nerds has changed I figure the  type of cookies I make should change as well. I think making the mushrooms from Mario would be both awesome and easy to make. So thats probably what I'm going to make. I think they would go over really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment